Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Monday, December 23, 2013

Deck The Halls

You may recall from this post that we have a very rambunctious toddler living with us at the moment, so I didn't expect to do a lot of decorating for Christmas.  But, I decided to put out a few things and I wanted to share them with you before my little tasmanian devil whirled through and destroyed them.

Our fireplace is a pass through and is made so that you can walk all the way around it from one room into the other.  I am in the process of redecorating and painting and shared my inspiration for the fireplace with you here.  But, with our current living arrangements, aka rambunctious toddler, the actual fireplace remodel has been put on hold.  Right now it is painted a deep shade of orange which I have definitely grown tired of and looks out of place in Christmas photos, but it is what it is and hopefully I will get to continue with my remodel plan soon.

Each side of the fireplace has a mantle which I have decorated quite differently.  So grab some coffee or hot cocoa, and lets take a look, shall we.

This is the dining room side.  I decided to go with a homespun country theme.

Homespun Christmas Mantle

Homespun Christmas Mantle

Homespun Christmas Mantle

Homespun Christmas Mantle

Homespun Christmas Mantle

Homespun Christmas

Homespun Christmas Mantle

The other side of the fireplace is quite different and if the wall was painted a nice neutral hue, which is the plan, it would have a very different feel.  I've tried to stay with various shades of whites, tan and browns with a pop of green.  There's some mercury glass thrown in for some sparkle.

Christmas Mantle

Christmas Mantle

Christmas Mantle

Christmas Mantle

Christmas Mantle

Christmas Mantle

Christmas Mantle

Christmas Mantle

Our tree is decorated with various bird ornaments and woodland creatures which Oliver, the kitty, has found delightful this year.  We have a slimline tree because, as you can imagine with so many people living in our home, we don't have a lot of space.

Bird Christmas Tree

Bird Christmas Tree

Bird Christmas Tree


I've set up various baskets of greenery, pinecones, etc. because I love bringing the outdoors in and the smell of the greenery, which is wonderful since we have an artificial tree.

Christmas greens

Christmas greens

Christmas greens

Christmas greens

And finally, we have part of my collection of old world Santa's.  I don't know about you, but I collect way to many things! 

Old World Santa


So, that's it, I hope you enjoyed it and I will be sure to let you know if the decorations survive the two year old and kitty.  I think they are actually plotting and scheming together to destroy them as I write this.  Have you decorated for the season?





1 comment:

  1. Your home and holiday decor are both deeply beautiful, dear Denise.

    With all my heart, I wish you and your loved ones the very merriest of Christmases and an incredible, happy, healthy and fun 2014!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**