Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Artsy Birthday

We just celebrated my granddaughter's 4th birthday and I thought I would share some of the details with you.  She wanted to have an art party which made for a very colorful event.  You can see last years, Hungry Caterpillar party here.  

Art party invitation

I made her a rainbow cake and cupcakes.  We set the cupcakes on paint palettes and placed sprinkles in the trays which allowed the children to decorate their own cupcakes. I also made "paintbrushes" by taking pretzel sticks and dipping them in chocolate.  To stick with the painting theme, we dropped by our local Lowes and picked up various paint chips and created holders for our napkins and eating utensils, then we used the left over paint chips for decorating the tables.

We got the acrylic paint and the pinata from Walmart as well as the tableware.

We picked the canvas' up at Michael's and I ordered the aprons, paint brushes, and palettes from Oriental Trading. We let the children take all of these home with them, as well as watercolor paint sets for thank you gifts.  

Everyone seemed to have a really good time, especially the birthday girl!

Art party

Art party

Art party

Rainbow Art party

Rainbow art party

Art party

Art party

Art party

Art party

Art party

Art party

Art party


3 comments:

  1. Awe, how cute. I love your party ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastically cool, clever, super fun party theme! I'm going to be 30 on my next birthday, and I'd be pleased as punch if this is the kind of party I had, too. You're such an awesome grandma!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love seeing that sweet face of your princess, four years to a beautiful little Lady!! Happy Birthday (belated) to it. That was very colorful party, I'm sure all the kids had lots of fun. Happy week, dear.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**