Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Things In Which To Look Forward

March has finally made it's exit and I, for one, am welcoming April.  Even though there were some special days in March, such as St. Patrick's Day, the first day of Spring, and Easter, the weather has been horrible, at best, and the days seem to drag on and on.  

Will Spring Be Early or Will Spring Be Late

I am longing for warmer weather, the smell of flowers blooming, and the sun glistening off of the morning dew.  I recently had a huge load of mulch delivered and I am itching to get into my flower beds and get my hands dirty.

1950s gardeners

April also holds a special celebration for my Mister.  He is having a milestone birthday this year and we have plans to celebrate by taking a trip to the beach.  More sunshine to help cure my winter blues.

1950s birthday party

I am hoping that as the weather grows nicer, so will my mood.  I have several projects that have gone untouched because I just haven't felt like tackling them.  Plus, my flower beds are in great need of help, my closets are disorganized, and the garage is in shambles.

So here's hoping that a change in the weather and scenery will help snap me out of this funk.



3 comments:

  1. If this the weather here this Easter weekend (gloriously sunny, unseasonably warm) was any indication, I think it's safe to say that spring has finally returned at long last (and that we can safely take the snow tires off the car). The return of spring really does bolster one's mood, doesn't it? Sitting in the sun on Sunday (fittingly :) ), I could help but feel incredibly happy and even at peace with the world, if only for a little while.

    Wishing you a truly magnificent spring, my dear friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. Since moving to this colder climate, I tend to not do much outside of chores during the colder months. Even chores sometimes don't get done. All I want to do is curl up and watch Doctor Who.

    I'm so looking forward to Spring. I want to wear my skirts and new shoes out. I want to plant my tomato seedlings and strawberry plants. Too bad our growing season is like 3 maybe 4 months long.

    I hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am so very thankful spring is finally showing itself. April isn't necessarily a good month for us, but at least there is spring!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**