Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Retro Gran on Instagram

Recently I joined the world of Instagram and have been sharing some of my outfits on there, although I haven't posted too many photos as of yet because I'm still trying to get a feel for it and sometimes I forget to post anything there. -- I am much more prolific at posting on Pinterest.   But, I thought I would show you what I've posted for those of you that aren't on Instagram, or are like me, and forget to go look at my feed.

Red, Black, and Houndstooth
This skirt, top, and jacket all came from Dress Barn.  It is so comfortable to wear and I love the longer length of the skirt.  The pearls I got years ago at Victoria Secret and I cant remember where the scarf came from but I thought it was a fun option to wear it in my hair.

Pastels and Pearls
This skirt is a little shorter than I usually wear or am comfortable with, but it is easy to slip on and matches this pale pink satin jacket so beautifully.  Its hard to see in the picture but the top is lace.  I am wearing the same set of pearls from before but I have used a ribbon enhancer on them.  The shoes are from TJ Maxx.

Plaid and Macrame
This outfit was so easy to wear, very light and comfortable.  Our temperatures here have been fluctuating like crazy, one day it is 30 degrees and snowing and the next day it is 60 degrees and the next day it is 90.  I'm not joking, in a matter of days it has jumped that much.  I love these shoes, they are heaven to wear and go with so many things.  Oh, and Im sporting my new glasses.  I love how they have pink on the inside of the frames.

Cheerful Florals
I am all about comfort these days and this outfit absolutely fits that requirement.  This little chiffon top is so light and airy, you hardly can tell you have it on and I love the cheerful yellow flowers that are displayed all over it.   I experimented with my hair here and tried a new method for curling it where you twist it and then clip it to your head until it dries.  It was very easy to do and my whole head only took like 3 minutes to put up, but I don't really like the results that it gave me.  I think it would be great for longer hair though.

Do any of you ladies have Instagram?  If you do, I would love to follow you to see what fun things you share.



7 comments:

  1. How cute, you have such lovely outfits. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I've been bumming around in PJs because the weather has been too cold for anything else. I really want to wear my skirts but the weather can't seem to make up it's mind.

    Totally adding you on InstaGram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when Im at home I am totally laying around in pjs, but unfortunately I have to drag my heiney into work and be somewhat presentable. lol.

      Right now I dont have a whole lot posted onto Instagram, just getting started, and I tend to post more of my grandbabies than much else, but I will get the hang of it soon. I will follow you back =)

      Delete
  3. I'm thrilled that you've recently joined Instagram, too, and have really been enjoying all of your lovely photos there. It's such a treat to see the beautiful, elegant ensembles you post.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to Instagram as well. I like playing with all of the different filters. It seriously takes me forever to post a single picture because I try each filter at least twice. I'm looking forward to checking out your feed.

    Hellcat Vintage

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**