Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Nautically Themed - Part Two

When I think of nautical inspired clothing, I think of airy cottons, twill, stripes, anchors, sailboats, rope, and red, white and  navy hues.  In Part One we explored just these things, but in this post I wanted to share some non typical nautical inspired clothing, or at least it doesn't spring to the fore front of my mind when I think nautical, but they all have a nautical theme, none the less.

Sail boats

1)Here  2)Here  3)Here  4)Here

I love how all of these sweet dresses are sporting a turquoise color instead of the typical nautical navy shade of blue, but they all have sailboats calling you to the water.

Swimming with Sharks

1)Here  2)Here  3)Here

These two dresses have the typical color scheme, but not the typical graphics.  Here we have fish or sharks on one dress and a very art deco looking swimmer on the other.  Too cute!

Pelicans and Seashells Dresses

1)Here  2)Here

The dress on the left has the typical red, white, and blues but has a very abstract pelican print on it.  The dress on the right has varying shades of teal or turquoise with seashells and stars, or a very under water scene.

Seascape Dresses

1)Here  2)Here  3)Here

Here we have two beautiful dresses with a sailboat and seascape border.  And I have added these yellow wedges for a pop of color.

Nautical Silhouettes

1)Here  2)Here  3)Here  4)Here  5)Here

And finally, we have what I think is the best set.  These darling silhouette dresses feel very french and subdued to me, but upon closer inspection you can see the nautical theme.  The first one has a print of flamingos, the second has sailboats and lighthouses, and the third has schematic drawings of planes.  What do planes have to do with a nautical theme, you ask?  Well, the Wright Brothers did their experiments at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina - of course!

Well, there you have my favorite nautically inspired fashion.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  I did not purchase any of them for our trip but I do feel several of them calling my name.  Oh, who am I kidding, I want them all!

What do you think, any favorites?




5 comments:

  1. These are so, so marvelous! I'm genuinely hard pressed to pick just one favourite amount the diverse, creative nautical palettes you've created here. Adore them all, but think that the first and last are my absolute favourites.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon! You have such great taste! I love the nautical theme...LOVE! Great post mama-love all the eye candy hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these all are such great dresses. I need to get cracking on making some more dresses and blouses for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE that one short sleeved dress with the sailboat scene. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love flamingos, so the navy flamingo dress is my fave - I would love it with those red sandals!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**