Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Friday, December 7, 2012

Antique Store Finds

On a recent short getaway with the Mister we had the opportunity to do a little antique shopping and I found a couple little goodies that I wanted to share with you.

I've been wanting a head vase for some time now, but just never found the right one for my budget.  Well I found a whole plethora of these beauties at one shop very reasonably priced, I'm talking like $15.  Even though I wanted to scoop them all up, I chose two of my favorites.  They have no markings on them except for a "Hand Wash Only" stamped on the bottom so I'm not positive that they are true vintage, but I don't care, I love them anyway.

Lady head vase

Lady head vase

I didn't notice that she was missing an eyebrow until I got her home and unwrapped her to show my daughter-in-law and she asked where her eyebrow was.  Oh well, maybe she had a tweezing mishap.

I have a very small collection of pink depression glass that was my grandmothers and when I ran across these salt and pepper shakers I knew that I wanted to add them to my collection.  In the photos they look almost amber colored but they are pink.

Pink Depression Glass s/p shakers

While I was perusing the s/p shakers I ran across these cuties.  I am pretty sure that they are a modern set but who cares!  They are just so cute!  Plus they're magnetic, how fun is that?

Magnetic flaming s/p shakers

Well, those were my recent finds.  What have you found lately? 



2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, I adore all of these lovely finds! I've been hunting for a lady's head vase for years, too, but just like yourself, haven't run into any that were decently priced yet. I think I would have fell over on the spot if I spied not just one - but several - of them for a mere $15 a piece. That's awesome! I'm so happy for you that you now have two such vases - you picked absolute beauts!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jess, around here in my small little town when I find a head vase they typically are upwards in the $100 range, which Im sure some of them are worth that price, but its far from my budget to spend on such an item, so I was totally ecstatic when I found these jems.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**