Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Monday, October 22, 2012

Soup Weather

When the weather turns chilly, I think there's nothing better than a warm cup of soup.  Here's one of our favorites that I made recently.

Retro Gran | Potato Soup

Potato Soup

6-10 medium potatoes
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 stick butter
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2-4 cups heavy cream
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.  Place into stock pot and add water, just enough to cover the potatoes.  Cook until soft.  Add cream cheese and butter and cook until completely melted.  Add remaining ingredients and let simmer.

I like to garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon.  Yum!

Do you like soup on a chilly day and if you do, what's your favorite?




1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**