Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Monday, July 2, 2012

We're Having A Heat Wave


Virginia, among other states, has declared a state of emergency.  Record high temperatures have moved in.  I'm talking like 105 degrees.  It is hot, hot, hot!  Then came the vicious storms where at least 13 people have died and over 3 million customers are without power, including me.  The utility crews are working around the clock to untangle downed tree limbs and power lines.  Other crews are traveling as far away as Florida and Texas to help but it could takes days or even a week to repair, just from the sheer magnitude of destruction that the storms have caused.  Cellphone and internet service has been spotty at best and we are being urged to conserve water.  


We have tried to save the food in our refrigerator and freezer but it has become a lost cause.  We made a trip to our local grocery store a few days ago and all of the refrigerated and frozen foods had been pulled from the shelves.


This heat is especially dangerous for children and the elderly so everyone please be safe and try to stay cool.  It's times like these that really make you appreciate those days gone by and the simple life.  I really miss my modern air conditioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**