Go To Home Page About Retro Gran Topics I Write About Other Places You Can Find Me Image Map

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Dinner at Grandma's


Sunday is the day that my kids and grandkids come a visiting so I am always trying to cook something for dinner that both the adults and kids will enjoy.  Today I made one of their favorites, Pizza Pasta.  It’s a very easy recipe and it’s customizable for different tastes.  Today’s version was going to be eaten by more adults than children so I threw in a few extras like onions and green peppers, but if you have picky eaters like I had, you can leave those out.  It also makes a larger quantity because I’m always feeding an army, so if you have a smaller group, you will need to adjust the amounts.



Pizza Pasta

1 box rotini pasta
3 jars pizza sauce
1 bag pepperoni slices
1 lb of ground Italian sausage
1 green pepper – diced
1 onion – diced
2 cups shredded Italian cheese

Prepare pasta as directed and brown sausage.  I usually put the peppers and onions in the pan with sausage while it’s browning.  Drain both pasta and sausage mixture and place into a 9x13 casserole dish.  Add pepperoni and then stir in the pizza sauce.  Top with the shredded cheese.  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and opinions. Please leave me a comment. I read every single one, even on older posts.

**Due to the amount of spam comments that I have been getting lately, I will no longer be accepting comments from Anonymous users. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully you understand.**